I am constantly on the lookout for new skincare products. I believe good skin sets the base for a flawless makeup application. My morning and evening cleansing routine is like a solemn ceremony that I am devoted to.
My skin is combination to oily. I don’t have any major skin conditions, but hormones can create havoc on my beloved skin at certain times of the month *questions gender* 🙁 ! There’s not a great deal that can be done to prevent this besides remaining stress free and drinking copious amounts of water.
Morning skincare regime
As I am usually in a rush to leave the house in the morning I try to make my morning routine speedy.
- I cleanse with Soap & Glory ‘Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk’. Honestly, I could spoon this into my mouth it smells so divine. It is designed to melt away makeup but personally I don’t like using it for that. The creamy texture is easy to work with and leaves skin looking radiant. DO NOT get this in your eyes, it feels like Satan is burning you for all your sins! This is for all skin types and is a steal at €8.49.
- I then spray Shu Uemura ‘Depsea Water’ in mint mist on my face to tone it after cleansing. It enriches the skin with amazing minerals. This product looks suspiciously useless but it is the furthermost thing from! It is definitely a cult product with an abundance of uses.
- I then moisturize my skin with Shiseido ‘Ibuki Enriched Refining Moisturizer’. I use this both morning and evening. It doesn’t make my skin oily, it just provides a nice level of moisture to my skin. This is a well-rounded moisturizer.
Sweet and simple 😀
Nighttime skincare regime
- Each night I use Garnier ‘Micellar Water’ to remove my makeup. I have tried various brands of micellar water but this is my ultimate fave. It doesn’t leave any residue on my skin or leave my skin feeling tight which I found with the majority of other brands.
- I then cleanse using my Clarisonic paired with Lush ‘Dark Angels Cleanser’. These two products paired together are an amazing duo. Since investing in the Clarisonic I am amazed at how much my skin has improved. This cleanser leaves skin feeling extremely soft. It is especially good if you are prone to those nasty hormonal spots. The only downside is that it’s very messy and I look like I’ve been sleeping in a coal bunker, but hey all in the name of beauty :P.
- In the evening I use a different toner. I use Shiseido ‘Ibuki Softening Concentrate’. I love the hydration it adds back into my skin after cleansing.
- Sometimes if my skin is playing up I will use Nip + Fab ‘Glycolic Fix Nightpads’ as a gentle exfoliation. I love this range for problematic skin.
- I then apply a serum. As I’m putting mileage on my clock I have started using an anti-aging serum. I switch between Clarins ‘Double Serum’ and Estee Lauder ‘Advanced Night Reapir’. Both serums are fab!
- I only apply eye cream at night as I feel it makes my makeup slide when I use it in the morning. I feel it is important to look after those peepers so investing in a good eye cream is essential. Currently, I am using Emma Hardie ‘Age Support Eye Cream’. It is imperative not to apply eye cream too close to the actual eyeball as milia could form.
- I then apply my moisturizer (the same cream as used in my morning regime).
Masks, Scrubs and Peels.
- Two nights a week I will use Glamglow ‘Supermud’. This is definitely an investment, I am getting everyone hooked on this cult product!
- Once a week I will use a chemical peel. This clears my pores and prevents scarring from any recent, nasty spots.
- If I’ve had a late night I will use Glamglow ‘Brightmud Eye Treatment’. I find that these little gems hydrate around my eyes and leave me looking revived in just three minutes.
I believe by taking care of your skin and using good products it will definitely pay off.